Thursday 4 October 2012

Sponge Nail Art

I am most definitely a nail art enthusiast. With that said, I decided to try the whole "sponge" effect and I must say, I LOVE IT! So here is everything you need & how to do it!




What you need: two nail polish colours in the same family of shades, top coat and a makeup sponge. The colours I chose were: 68 High Spirits by Essence & go for the base, 83 Luxury Secret for the tip and an OPI Top Coat. Also, in order to keep your nail polish on longer, without chipping, try a base coat (but that's optional).





 For your base put on two coats of colour and let it dry. Essence & Go was a good choice for me, because the colour was thick (even one coat would have been fine) and it dried quickly.


You want to put both colours on a clear surface (I used a cardboard box, but using a disposable plastic plate would keep the nail colour wet for longer). Put the base colour first and the darker shade above it

 Dip your sponge into it. It should look like this


 dab your sponge on the tip of your nails until you are satisfied with the look.

 Apply a thin layer of top coat, let it dry, and there ya go!


 The finished product :)

P.S.

I chose these colours to create a fall look, but this style looks brilliant with pink tones!


3 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! This is sooo creative.. I think i just saved a whole load of money from going to the Salon! Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww!! I have so many more ideas I will share with you soon. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ombre is SO in. this is going to be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete