Wednesday 17 October 2012

Fall 2012 lipstick shades

RED

It's no surprise red is back this fall.  I personally love red but to be honest, sometimes I feel awkward wearing it. Why? It feels like everyone is staring at your lips (especially if you have bigger lips) But there is no doubt, the second you lather your lips with a deep red, paired with a defined cat eye, there is nothing to feel awkward about. Red lips can easily give you a high fashion look! This fall you can explore a deep red or show your attitude with an electric red.  How to overcome the awkwardness? Acknowledging that you look damn good in red lipstick and let your confidence show. You can rock anything and wear anything as long as you don't forget the most important accessory: confidence.

Alessandra wearing MAC Ruby Woo
In case you don't already have your favourite red, I have put together a list of trendy and reliable red rocking shades!

MAC Ruby Woo



Smashbox True Red
NARS Dragon Girl Siren Red
NARS Cruella Scarlet Red




Also try: YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Le Rouge, Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Love Lipstick in Outlaw.




 MAKE A STATEMENT

I am delighted to see that deep purples are in this fall! Purple and plum colours always manage to find their way back almost every other fall, so it's important to find some great shades that you can get the most use out of. Just be diligent to be softer on the eyes. Darker Shades of purple look exotic and bold with nice vampy eyes.



 Here are some great choices you should try, both from NARS (Can you tell I am obsessed with NARS yet?)

NARS Train Bleu Aubergine Lip Pencil






NARS Volga Deep Aubergine Lipstick


 NATURALLY NUDE

Every girl should have a perfect nude lipstick! Not just for this fall trend, but because nude lips are always in style (especially with a gorgeous smokey eye). Even though it looks stunning with a great smokey eye, a nude lip can be worn with pretty much anything! The trouble is, some nude lipsticks can wash you out. You'll need to look for a few things when shopping for a nude lipstick. BE AWARE! grey undertones can totally wash you out so instead, opt for a nude lip colour that has a pink or peachy undertone.

I wouldn't suggest a single nude lipstick for everyone. We all know we are unique in our skin tones and lipsticks look different on everyone. So, here are some tips based on your skin tone. If you have very fair skin, a nice sandy pink undertone is best. Try using MAC Lipstick in Creme D'Nude or Revlon Color Burst Lipstick in Soft Nude. If you have a medium olive skin complexion, a rosy pink undertone will work best. Some lipsticks that might work for you are MAC Lipstick in Taupe. Finally, for my darker skin toned girls, bronze is bomb! MAC lipstick in Coconutty will bring out that bronze natural glow. Also, try experimenting with some toffee shades.


Don't be afraid to add a sheer gloss over your nude lip to bring some more life to your look.


Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense Matte Flesh

BOXOM Big & Healthy Lips Marrakech Nude



PRETTY IN PINK 

I am so excited about MATTE PINK! I've always loved the soft yet sharp look it creates so naturally, I am happy this is trending for Fall 2012. So forget your pink lip glosses (I know, I am sad to give up my pink lip gloss too) and bring on the matte! The best part about matte pink? It's gorgeous on every skin tone! 


The best part about playing with matte pink is the MANY different shades of pink you can use! From light pinks to bold ones, these shades in matte exuberate youth and fun.


Before I give a list of lipstick recommendations, I am going to share with you my worst kept beauty secret. A few months ago, while getting dolled up for a night out with my closest girlfriends, I discovered (while innocently snooping through my friends makeup bag) the BEST LIPSTICK SHADE IN THE WORLD. And guess what? It looked amazing on each one of us (we all have different skin tones) I've included this lip colour in this section because it is a cross over of a matte pink and a nude lip.


BUXOM Big & Healthy Lipstick in Nantucket


This lipstick is pretty much a matte peachy nude lipstick with full coverage.
"This 3-in-1 Lip Perfecter does three jobs—it defines the shape of the lips like a liner, fills them in with velvet matte color, and plumps them to their full Buxom potential. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick contains vitamins A, C, and E, while a fusion of exotic mango and avocado butters deliver the perfect dose of hydration and long-lasting color." -Buxom


Also try:

    
MAC Candy Yum Yum
I hope you found my suggestions helpful! I am sure you might have your own personal finds that I would love to hear about! please share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment